Crazy Random Happenstance

Billy: So good... Hey, this is weird. I ordered one frozen yogurt and they gave me two. You don't happen to like frozen yogurt, do you?
Penny: I love it!
Billy: You're kidding? What a crazy random happenstance!
-Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What I did on my Summer Vacation

It's really ridiculous how quickly time goes by when you don't have to worry about getting up and going to work every day. Our week off went by insanely fast, but we had a good time.

We were able to take Charley to Greenfield Village for the first time. We were worried that he wouldn't like it but he actually really enjoyed it. He wanted to go into every house and asked TONS of questions ("Who is Robert Frost, Daddy?" Haha). He loved the train ride and rode the carousel twice! Maybe the next time he rides a carousel he will actually want to go on a "jumper" (the animals that went up and down). Let me tell you something else about Greenfield Village: they are outrageously expensive. I hadn't been there in a few years and maybe it has always been pricey, but holy moly! Between tickets, parking, rides and food, we are talking some serious cash. At least we had a good time though.

After making us watch Toy Story 1 and 2 547 times, we took Charley to the movies for the first time and saw Toy Story 3. It was really good. I won't give away spoilers, but I cried at the end. C did really well for his first real movie experience, aside from having to pee every 5 minutes. Also, the movies are really expensive too. That's pretty much a given and wasn't quite as shocking, but $25 for 2 SMALL Cokes, a "small" slush (apparently small in movie theater land is 32oz), LG popcorn and a bag of m&ms?? Sheesh.

Of course, everyone knows that I went to see Eclipse as well. It was AMAZINGLY FANTASTIC (how's that for enthusiasm, Dennis??)! Aside from some hideous hair and a couple scenes that were very clearly written differently from the book, I was very happy with it. I foresee at least 2 more viewings in my future while it's still in theaters (1 IMAX viewing and 1 more regular). It is easily, EASILY the best of the three and it gives me very high hopes for Breaking Dawn. After our Midnight showing, I am convinced that there are more Jacob fans out there than ever before and men enjoy these movies too apparently (if the 50 something yr old man who was wearing the "I run with wolves" t-shirt in line was any indication). I also finished re-reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels during my time off (they are even better the 2nd time around) and watched a few more episodes of Angel. My goal with Buffy and Angel is to finish both series by the time October rolls around. That will mark the one year mark from when I started this incredibly addictive journey. I am going to be very sad when it ends, maybe that's why I have slowed down so much in my progress. Secretly, I don't want them to end (even though they already have... you know what I mean).

Jeff and I watched The Lovely Bones and we both enjoyed it. I have never read the book (though, I want to now), so i didn't really know what to expect but it was very well done. It was very Peter Jackson-y and Mark Wahlberg was... well, he was Mark Wahlberg. Stanley Tucci is a fantastic creepy creepster, that's for sure.

We ended the vacation with a fun Birthday picnic for my mom at GC park and had a swelteringly sweaty, fun time!! I am back at work today and preparing to switch cubibcles at the end of the week. This will be a real fun process (that's sarcasm). I will take some before and after pictures of my desk, so you can see how much work this will entail. I'm a self proclaimed pop culture hoarder. You will see what I mean...

One last thing: On Tuesday, the 13th @ 9pm, White Collar starts back up on the USA network. It stars Matthew Bomer and it is such a fun show. It is always surprising and the storylines are so clever. And Matt Bomer has really, really gorgeous blue eyes... and a really, really nice smile... It's ok if you didn't see the first season (or i'm sure you could check them out online), it's a good show. Trust me... At the very least, he's a lot of fun to stare at for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment