Crazy Random Happenstance

Billy: So good... Hey, this is weird. I ordered one frozen yogurt and they gave me two. You don't happen to like frozen yogurt, do you?
Penny: I love it!
Billy: You're kidding? What a crazy random happenstance!
-Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Friday, February 13, 2015

Some Stuff.

I feel a bit of rambling, nothingness coming on. Join me, won't you?

Is there a better combination out there than coffee and doughnuts? Or coffee and cake? Or coffee and pie? Or coffee and... you get the point. 

It's Friday the 13th. On the surface I always try not to let that date bother me but deep down inside, I am always worried all the bad things will happen on this day. Superstitious, much?

Sometimes I wish I could text Charley throughout the day to see how he's doing or just to say hi because I miss him.

Lately I've been thinking that I would like to take a creative writing class for fun but without paying a billion dollars to do it. Let's make up our own group and meet at a Panera or something one night a week and write fun stuff. We could come up with topics each meeting and drink coffee and eat baked goods. Doesn't that sound like a good time?

My DVR is at 81%. You have no idea how much that stresses me out.

I just finished another JoJo Moyes book, The Ship Of Brides. Goodness, I love her. She is such a fantastic writer. If you've never read anything by her, please check her out. Anything she's written is well worth the read. She's wonderful.

The e-book version of one of my favorite books, Falling Together by Marisa de los Santos, is on sale right now for $1.99 through February 23rd. If you have one of them fancy e-readers and are looking for a new read, you should download it. I loved it a lot.

Man, I hate winter.

We have a new neighbor(s) on one side of us. A couple of young dudes. They have super, really loud parties almost every weekend. So loud that it almost makes me dread Saturdays and I love Saturdays. A couple weeks ago they were screaming Blink 182's "All The Small Things" at 2am. I woke up at 8am the next morning and started vacuuming and blaring music as loud as I could. I don't think they cared. Summer time should be fun. Holes.

I've been watching the new show Hindsight on VH1. It's about a girl who ends up transported back to 1995. It's fun and I love the music. It makes me happy.

The Fifty Shades of Grey movie comes out today. How many of you are going to see it this weekend?? You should tell me your thoughts on it. If you are bored and just can't get enough of my musings, here is a link to my review of the books after I read them in 2012--------> Laters, baby

I am terrible at keeping my house clean.

After I got my waffle iron for Christmas, I made waffles almost every day for a week.

I spent an entire Saturday watching season one of Parks & Rec. I got a few eps into season two and haven't had time to go back and watch more. My DVR is at 81%, remember?

Sometimes I forget to make Charley take a shower. How do you moms with multiple kids keep track of everything they are doing? I have one and I am exhausted. And I hate cutting his nails. He throws a fit and wants me file them with a nail file. Sometimes I do it because I don't feel like fighting with him about it.

I read It's Kind of a Funny Story  by Ned Vizzini a few weeks ago. It's a good book and I finished it around 1am (one of the nights the new neighbors kept me up). I was really happy with the ending and then I decided to read up on the author. I found out he committed suicide in 2013. I was so bummed. The book is about depression and suicide and some of the events are based on his life. It took me forever to go to sleep after that.

Charley just learned how to tie his shoes. Almost 8 is probably a little late for that, eh? He's never really owned a pair of tie shoes before so it never came up but he did awesome and I was super proud of him.

Hot Topic had these Gryffindor sweat pants over Christmas that I really wanted. When I went there a few weeks ago they had one pair left. It was a dude's size large. I bought them anyway. They are huge but I don't care. I love them.

My stacks of books are growing out of control again.

I want to live in the flat from the Paddington movie. It's so neat.

When I get coffee at work, I will walk to one of the other kitchens if someone is already in there. I get all awkward and weird if I am forced to make small talk. What is wrong with me?

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. What's your favorite romantic movie?

I am really looking forward to that SNL reunion on Sunday.

Alright, I am done with my nonsense for now. If you are bored, I hope that helped you kill 5 minutes of your time. I hope you all have a happy Friday (the 13th) and a happy Valentine's (not ValentiMe's) Day.


2 comments:

  1. I love your randomness. It's all very interesting to me. We'd be good friends if I lived local.. I know it. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cherrill! And heck yeah, we would. That would be really great.

    ReplyDelete