Crazy Random Happenstance

Billy: So good... Hey, this is weird. I ordered one frozen yogurt and they gave me two. You don't happen to like frozen yogurt, do you?
Penny: I love it!
Billy: You're kidding? What a crazy random happenstance!
-Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Hey, look at me! I'm blogging! Did you miss me??

Allow me to give you a little rundown of things I have been doing since 2011 debuted...

  • Fighting a non-stop eye infection. Yes, I have been to the Dr and I have been a good girl and not worn makeup, but I am telling you, this thing is not going away. I'm ready to spork my own eyes out. 
  •  Taking care of a sick kid. Since the new year began, my poor CBear has had to deal with eye infections, colds, the flu, a cold sore and a cough. I am hoping he is at the tail end of this latest battle with the flu because having to see your kid sick is just sad. 
  • Dealing with snow. Did you know it snowed? Did you?
  •  Using up the majority of my sick/personal days before February. Due to all the reasons listed above, of course.  
  • Getting increasingly frustrated with some of my favorite shows. While this week's episode of Bones was enjoyable, next weeks looks horrific. If you watch the show, you'll know why i'm saying that. Grey's Anatomy is walking a fine line right now with stupid baby stories and recycled storylines. Is it too much to ask for a show to be fresh and consistent?? Modern Family, Vampire Diaries and White Collar have all made me very happy this season.
  •  Watched The Social Network. I loved this movie. They did such a good job and with Facebook being as relevant as it is right now, it was so interesting to see how the whole thing came about. Also, it provided me with a new crush; Andrew Garfield. He plays Eduardo in the movie and he is also going to be the new Spider-Man. The boy is SO cute and he has an amazing head of hair.  
  •  Watched Valentine's Day. But Sarah, that movie came out forever ago, you say. I know AND it got terrible reviews. I watched it because it was on HBO. With the exception of Jennifer Garner, that movie was like a giant run-on sentence with no point. So many awesome actors in it and it was just a big, boring dud.
  • Watched Leap Year a bunch of times. yeah, yeah, that movie came out forever ago as well and it really isn't that good of a movie but I love it. I love it because it's set in Ireland and I love it for the music and I love it for Matthew Goode. It's cheesey and predictable and I am OK with that. 
  • Read some books. Some good and some bad. I am completely open to suggestions for a new series to get into. I hate to admit this, but I am a little sick of all the supernatural stuff (GASP!) I know.
  • Watching the award shows. The Golden Globes were good and I love Ricky Gervais. Was he unnecessarily mean? Sure but they knew his comedy style when they asked him to host and i'm sure they saw his rehearsals, so they knew what they were getting into. The SAG awards, which are usually my favorite were an absolute snoozefest. I am looking forward to watching The Oscars.
  •  Missing Lost. A lot. Sad.
  • Watched a BNL concert on DVD with Charley from 2007. It depressed me (for obvious, Steven Page reasons) and made me happy (Charley loved it) all at the same time. C likes Ed the best. He's a smart boy.
  • One of the book series I read (and loved) was The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith (thanks, Nichole!), who also did The Vampire Diaries. I really adored these books. They are kind of dated and they are Young Adult novels but I don't care. The story was interesting (about a group of teenage witches, more or less) and I enjoyed the characters. Kevin Williamson, who is responsible for the awesome Vampire Diaries TVshow and for my beloved Dawson's Creek is in works to write the pilot for a TV show based on The Secret Circle. I am intrigued and wary all at once. While I love TVD, he completely changed the look of most of the characters and the main story from the books. I'm interested to see what he does with TSC.
That, in a nutshell is what I have been up to. Sicknesses have been consuming most of my time, so if you could, please send the Scott household some healthy vibes. I need to deep clean my house and rid it of germs, or just move all together. Wouldn't that be nice? A girl can dream, can't she?

I hope everyone else's 2011 has started off better than mine and don't forget to throw me some new book suggestions. I hate not having anything to read. I feel incomplete.

1 comment: