Crazy Random Happenstance

Billy: So good... Hey, this is weird. I ordered one frozen yogurt and they gave me two. You don't happen to like frozen yogurt, do you?
Penny: I love it!
Billy: You're kidding? What a crazy random happenstance!
-Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks.


 My most favorite Holiday is upon us, Friends: Thanksgiving. It is my most favorite holiday not only because I get to eat my most favorite meal in all the land, but because it's a family day. A family day filled with parade watching, conversations and laughter and the smells of my parents house. It's my favorite because every year, my parents work their asses off in the kitchen, preparing the most delicious foods you will ever eat. Because every year, my mom takes the time to set the table up so nicely (complete with name-cards). It's my favorite because every year when we sit down to dinner, my dad puts Christmas music on (including my favorite; Mitch Miller as well as The Cabbage Patch Christmas album we had when we were kids). It's my favorite because I love looking through the sale ads after dinner and discussing the craziness of Black Friday, while eating my Mom's most delicious chocolate eclair cake and drinking coffee (even though I am so full, I am about to burst). It's my favorite because it's relaxing and fun and because we are all together.

Things I am thankful for this year- The sentimental portion:

  • My husband, for making me laugh and helping me when I most need it. Mostly for just being there.
  • That beautiful, handsome, imaginative, smart, blue eyed boy of mine who can drive me crazy insane, while at the same time making me want to squish his face he's so adorable.
  • My friends. For making me laugh, listening to me rant, entertaining me and just being awesome. Awesome, awesome. I have the best friends ever.
  • My parents, for just being amazing. For being the type of parents who take the time to listen and help and make sure their kids are happy, even though we are all grown up. 
  • My family. Brothers, sisters, niece, nephews, in-laws, Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents, cousins. I am so grateful for all of you.
  • My dogs. For being there to snuggle with... even though Bristow is... he's energetic (to put it nicely).
  • You, my blog readers. For letting me write. It's hard to explain how much it means to me that people are willing to read my opinions, my rants and my silliness but it means a lot. A lot, a lot.
Enough with the mushy... Things I am thankful for- The Pop Culture/Materialistic portion:
  • Mashed Potatoes. Whoever decided back in olden times, that it would be a good idea to take a potato and smash it into mush, I thank you. Thank you for giving me this wonderful side dish that I can smother in butter and/or gravy.
  • Coca Cola. With ice.
  • Chocolate chip cookies.
  • Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger. For showing kids and adults alike what true friendship looks like. As well as teaching kids how great using your imagination can be.
  • Google chat. Because If I didn't have this, my work days would be really brutal. 
  • The websites: The Berry, Best Week Ever and Entertainment Weekly. Same reason as above.
  • For Bones still being great, even after they put the two main characters together.
  • Books. Because books open up new worlds to us and let us live temporarily in someone else's shoes.
  • Bookstores. Because they calm me. I love the smell, I love the atmosphere. I love them.
  • For Eric Northman, Neal Caffrey, Edward Cullen, Joe Morelli, Seeley Booth, and Damon Salvatore. These boys need no explanation. If you know who they are, you know why they are on the list and I'm sure I forgot some but these are the ones that popped into my mind first.
  • My Keurig. IT'S SO CONVENIENT.
  • Spotify. For helping me rediscover old music that I used to love, as well as getting me through the work day.
  • Modern Family and The New Girl, for making me laugh.
  • Once Upon a Time for being fresh and creative and just plain interesting.

 I am thankful for Thanksgiving because it's a holiday that doesn't require you to give each other gifts, it's a holiday that requires you to discuss the things you love most and it requires you to eat really delicious things.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. Another great blog I just enjoyed reading. I love you Sarah and we will have "A Wonderful Thanksgiving! xo Mom ♥

    ReplyDelete