Crazy Random Happenstance

Billy: So good... Hey, this is weird. I ordered one frozen yogurt and they gave me two. You don't happen to like frozen yogurt, do you?
Penny: I love it!
Billy: You're kidding? What a crazy random happenstance!
-Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Letting Off Steam"

You all know about the original incident between Chris Brown and Rihanna that happened 2 years ago. Basically, he beat the crap out of her. So much so that she was pretty much unrecognizable. There was a huge outrage from the media and fans, especially since this all went down the night of the Grammy's that year. SCANDALOUS. He's been whining and crying ever since then that "he's not a bad guy" and "it was a mistake", blah blah blah. Newsflash, Chris Brown: people don't take lightly to dudes beating up on girls, famous or not. No one cares about your new music. From that day forward, the only thing that anyone will ever remember about you is that you beat your very famous girlfriend. You made your own bed, deal with it.

Fast forward to this week, where he made an appearance on Good Morning America. I guess he's promoting a new album. To be honest, I don't really care what he's promoting but he was on there and Robin Roberts was interviewing him. OF COURSE she asked him about his attack on Rihanna and the restraining order that followed afterward. He deflected the question and brought the focus back on his album. He then performed a song and proceeded to go backstage and throw a giant hissy fit (which included him throwing a chair into a window, causing the glass to shatter and yelling at producers). He was furious that they brought up his past and felt blindsided because they hadn't discussed that line of questioning.

Apparently Chris Brown doesn't know how the entertainment business works.
Apparently Chris Brown thinks we should all move past his decision to beat his girlfriend.
Apparently Chris Brown is an idiot.

Good Morning America responded to Chris Brown's temper tantrum by asking him to come back on the show. He ended up "apologizing" in case he made any of the staff feel uncomfortable and just wants everyone to know he was "letting off steam" because he was so angry.

His exact words:
"I felt like they told us that just so they could get us on the show to exploit me. That's what I thought. So I took it very, very hard," he said. "And I kept my composure throughout the whole interview, although you could see I was upset. I kept my composure and did my performance, and when I got backstage, I just let off, like, steam. I just had to release the anger that I had inside me because I felt like I worked so hard for this music and I felt like people keep trying to take it away from me. So, yes, I got very emotional, and I want to apologize for that."
 
Whew, ok, Chris Brown. All is well then. I completely understand your need for beating and destroying things because you are so angry. I'mma go out and buy your album now!

Maybe Chris Brown should attend some anger management classes, so that no one else has to witness him "blowing off steam"? Perhaps he should concentrate on fixing himself, instead of writing/performing new music that we don't want to hear from him.

2 comments:

  1. how many things/people does he have to break before he gets into jail where he belongs?! i mean, they throw the book at lindsay lohan for forgetting to take off a necklace at a store but he can willfully beat a woman almost to death and destroy property just to 'blow off steam' and the cops just look the other way. it's disgusting to me. i suggest next time he turns that anger around on himself. if anyone deserves a Chris Brown Beatdown it's Chris Brown himself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of someone in my class named Koryn (yes, Koryn). Only she has like an issue or disorder.....she does throw chairs though. Chris Brown and her would make really good friends for when people make them angry. Maybe she'll buy his new album.

    ReplyDelete